We've recently moved to the Greater New York City area and are loving it.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Lunch with the Deans

Posted by Tracy

About three weeks ago I was invited by one of the tax professors to attend a lunch with him and the dean of the Marriott School of Business. Three other students were going to attend the lunch, so it was going to be a great chance to get to know the dean on a more personal level. The invitation was in large part due to the success of our xTax team.

I of course accepted the invitation to attend the lunch. Not only would it be a fun experience, but it would be a great chance to get my name “out-there” and earn a ticket into the accounting program.

The lunch turned out to be so much more than I thought in fact. Not only was the dean of the entire Marriott School there (Dean Hill), but also the Director of the Accounting School (Dr. Stocks). So in essence, the two most important people I could meet as far as my BYU education goes, I got to meet at this lunch. The lunch was held on the top floor of the Business Building in a small conference room with an entire wall of windows overlooking the BYU campus. The food was excellent (delicious steak salads and plenty of deserts).

The lunch turned out to be quite a success in getting to know the deans and getting them to know me. We all told our individual stories of how we got to where we are, and it was truly fascinating the things I learned from the lives of the deans. I had a marvelous time at the lunch and it was a truly great experience. As we were leaving from the lunch, Dr. Stocks turned to me and asked, “So we’ll see you in the fall, right?” I responded, “I sure hope so.” He smiled and said, “We’ll see you in the fall.”

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home