We've recently moved to the Greater New York City area and are loving it.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Summer at YaYa and PapPap's

Posted by Tracy

Now that I have access to my laptop and the other pictures which were scattered over a summer of craziness, I thought it would be nice to post a more detailed review of our stay at YaYa and PapPap's (Hanna's Parents). First of all, I would just remind everyone out there to always double check the date on your plane tickets. Hanna and I got quite the surprise after planning on leaving on a Saturday afternoon but realizing Thursday night that we actually left the next morning. I'm sure the story will be funny enough to tell after a few more months. It is still too near to me for humor...

Somehow we made it to Pittsburgh and made our way down to the Frazier homestead - what we would call home for the next 2 months. All I can say is that I will never forget the opportunity to stay with Hanna's parents over the summer. They were the very best of hosts and I couldn't have been happier to see Sophie playing with her grandparents all day long. Sophie still seems to be walking around the house looking for YaYa and PapPap - hoping they'll pop out to play with her. I will treasure those 2 months for years to come and although things didn't work out with the firm I worked for over the summer, I will never regret going there to have a summer of fun with family.
Rather than give a detailed written account, I think it might just be easier to tell our summer story through pictures (with a caption here or there). So here goes:


Hanna's parents put up a wonderful gate so Sophie could play on the porch.



They practically re-did the entire backyard to make a kid's paradise.


And what would a summer be without bubbles!?



YaYa even made a "My Pap is a Survivor" shirt for Sophie when we went to the Cancer Walk.

Sophie sure did enjoy feeding the ducks at YaYa and PapPap's.

While there are hundreds of more pictures and stories I wish I could tell, a blog isn't exactly the easiest way to share photos. Hopefully, I'll get around to updating and organizing our Flickr page eventually. Until then, I hope that from these pictures you'll get a sampling of what it would be like to spend the summer at YaYa and PapPap's. For indeed, it is a grand life and joy afterall.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Amanda K said...

The last picture's my favorite! Too cute.

September 8, 2009 at 6:46 AM  
Blogger Kristie said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun summer!!! love the pictures, especially that last one :) but i am glad to have you back in utah again! jake missed little sophie :)

September 9, 2009 at 1:36 PM  
Blogger Victoria Blanchard said...

I'm so happy for the update! Sophie is so cute and I'm so glad you're doing well! Say hi to Hanna for me---she still wins as giving me the best haircut I've ever had!

September 15, 2009 at 1:00 PM  
Anonymous job said...

Great post. Thank you for this info. I need that

September 15, 2009 at 11:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

your child is so cute, very nice post.

-kristine alonzo

October 11, 2009 at 11:16 PM  
Anonymous Auckland property manager said...

The last picture is so lovely!You really had a good time ,that's a wonderful experience.

October 15, 2009 at 11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home